Learning for a sustainable future
We support students, teachers and schools on their climate education journey. From reducing carbon emissions in their school to moving on in society as active citizens with respect for the world environment.
South Yorkshire Schools' Climate Conference 2022
All sessions now available to watch on demand
Our second annual conference took place virtually on 1-3 March 2022 (over 3 days), open to all primary and secondary schools in South Yorkshire to join for free.
We were pleased to feature a wide variety of local organisations and prominent individuals doing amazing work in climate change, education and related fields. The conference also highlighted some of the fantastic initiatives being taken by students in the region.
The programme included:
- a keynote speech from Project Drawdown on how we can remove CO2 from the atmosphere
- a session on how to teach climate issues through music
- insights into the exciting things already happening in the South Yorkshire region
- a session from Sheffield University for GCSE science students on how the batteries for electric vehicles are made
- South Yorkshire Woodlands officers will show you how to plant and nurture trees in your school grounds
Plus many favourites from our first conference returned, including Alan Hesse, Bosh! and Amazelab.
Click on the button to view the conference programme and access the sessions.
This is our time
One of our members has created this fantastic video, summarising climate change, its causes and solutions, and prompting the question 'What example can Sheffield set for the rest of the world?'
“We face the greatest challenge of human history. We may be challenged beyond our visible capacities, but that only means we are invited to rise to the next level of our abilities. And we can.”
From ‘The Future We Choose’ by Christiana Figueres, former UN Executive Secretary for Climate Change, and Tom Rivett-Carnac, senior political strategist for the Paris Agreement
Support our mission
We're a voluntary group who rely on the good will of our partner organisations and the public. You can help us achieve our mission by donating what you can today. Thank you.